Get Skype for Mac
Enjoy Skype's fresh new look and feel. Here are just a few of the great things you can do:
- Chat every day with free instant messages.
- Share files and photos for free in an instant.
- See your family come together over a free group video call.
- Switch between calling and messages with one click, or do both together.
- Low-cost calls and text messages to mobiles and landlines.
All you need to get started is Mac OS X 10.6 or above, a webcam for video calls and a microphone. To get the latest Skype for Mac (version 7+), you'll need Mac OS X 10.9 or above.
Still need help? Visit support
- 1GHz Intel processor.
- Minimum: Mac OS X 10.6+
- Recommended: Mac OS X 10.9+
- 100 MB free disk space.
- Either USB or regular headset if your Mac does not have a built-in microphone.
- Download drivers if you are using an external webcam.
- For voice calls recommend broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down/512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down/128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.