Download the familiar app with all of Skype’s features in one place. Get Skype for Windows
With the Skype app, you can do more together:
- Message, voice and video call, all from one app.
- Get everyone together with free group video calls.
- Send pictures and files, or share your screen.
- Translate your calls and messages to speak with anyone around the world.
Or you can Preview Skype’s integration on Windows 10.
Try the Preview of Messaging, Phone and Skype video apps today which enables you to make quick free calls and send messages without needing to download anything.
- PC running Windows® XP with SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 both 32- and 64-bit operating systems. Get more info
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
- For voice calls we recommend a broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down / 512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
Still need help? Visit support