The new Skype for Web is here
07/03/2019 | Skype Blogs | Skype on the Web
Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions of users, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. We are pleased to announce the launch of the new Skype for Web. You can now enjoy our latest features from any desktop (Windows 10 and Mac OSX10.12 or higher) with the latest versions of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
Here’s a look at the latest features on Skype for Web:
• HD video calling—Experience HD in one-to-one or group video calling, now with call reactions.
• Call recording—Capture special moments in a Skype call with your loved ones or record important meetings with colleagues.
• Notifications panel—Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what you’ve missed in your notifications panel. Click the bell icon to see reactions to your messages, @mentions in group conversations, or if someone quoted you—all in one central place. Just click a message in the notifications panel to jump into the conversation.
• Find within conversations—You can now easily find messages in the current conversation by typing the word or phrase you want to find in the search box.
• Chat Media Gallery—Looking for the link or photo sent a few weeks ago? The Chat Media Gallery makes it easy to find files, links, and photos shared in a conversation, whether it was yesterday or last month. No more scrolling through your chat history—just click Gallery under the chat name to see all the files, links, and photos in the conversation.
In addition, today we are releasing the updated MSI distributable for Skype (version 8) for Windows desktop, which replaces the existing MSI distributable of Skype (version 7) for Windows desktop.
If you are an IT administrator, simply download the new MSI file to start distributing the latest version of Skype to your organization via the distribution software of your choice. We’re always looking for new ways to enhance the experience, improve quality and reliability, and connect people from any device.
We would love to hear from you on the Skype Community, where millions of Skype users have registered to share their expertise, feedback, and Skype stories. To learn more, please visit our friendly FAQs.