If you like to chat, work and do a lot more on your PC, then Skype for Linux is the most powerful version for you.
Choose your distribution
Here’s just a few of the great things you can do when you download Skype for Linux:
- Free Skype-to-Skype calls.
- Low-cost calls and text messages to mobiles and landlines.
- Video call your contacts.
- Free instant messages to your friends, family and colleagues.
All you need to get started is Skype for Linux version 4.3, a webcam for video calls and a microphone.
Find out about early access to Skype for Linux Alpha
Still need help? Visit support
Stay connected with Skype. Browse the latest Skype for Linux system requirements and make sure you have everything you need to talk, text, IM and video chat with those who matter most.
- 1 GHz processor or faster.
- 256 MB RAM.
- 100 MB free disk space on your hard drive.
- Video card driver with Xv support.
- Either a built-in or external microphone is required for voice calls.
- An internet connection - broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Qt 4.7
- D-Bus 1.0.0
- PulseAudio 1.0 (4.0 recommended)
- BlueZ 4.0.0 (optional)
Get more info on the Skype for Linux system requirements.