Get Skype for Mac
Skype has a fresh, new look and feel – and all the functionality you need. Here are just a few of the great things you can do with Skype for Mac computers:
- Chat every day with free instant messages.
- Share files and photos for free in an instant.
- See your family come together over a free group video call.
- Switch between calling and messages with one click, or do both together.
- Low-cost calls and text messages to mobiles and landlines.
To get started you need Mac OS X 10.9 or above. Review the latest details on the system requirements of Skype for Mac computers.
Still need help? Visit support
Stay connected to those near and far by ensuring that your devices meet (or exceed) the latest Skype for Mac system requirements.
- 1GHz Intel processor.
- Minimum: Mac OS X 10.9+
- 100 MB free disk space.
- Either USB or regular headset if your Mac does not have a built-in microphone.
- Download drivers if you are using an external webcam.
- For voice calls recommend broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling, everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac (or higher), plus webcams. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down/512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. At minimum Skype users need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down/128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
Get more info on system requirements for Skype Mac users.