Download and launch Skype on any Windows device for all your calls, messages, video and sharing in one convenient place. Get Skype for Windows
With the Skype app, you can do more together:
- Message, voice and video call, all from one app.
- Get everyone together with free group video calls.
- Send pictures and files, or share your screen.
- Translate your calls and messages to speak with anyone around the world.
Keep your conversations flowing by ensuring that your devices meet (or exceed) the latest Skype for Windows system requirements.
- For the classic version of Skype: PC running Windows® XP with SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.
- For the new Skype for Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update (OS Version 14393 and higher)
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
- For voice calls we recommend a broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling, everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 (or higher) for Windows or Mac, plus webcams. For best quality we recommend using a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down / 512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. At minimum Skype users need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps or greater and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
Get more info on Skype system requirements.
Still need help? Visit support