Keep your conversations flowing by ensuring that your devices meet (or exceed) the latest Skype for Windows system requirements.
- For the classic version of Skype: PC running Windows® XP with SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.
- For the new Skype for Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update (OS Version 14393 and higher)
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
- For voice calls we recommend a broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling, everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 (or higher) for Windows or Mac, plus webcams. For best quality we recommend using a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down / 512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. At minimum Skype users need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps or greater and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
Get more info on Skype system requirements.