Stay connected to those near and far by ensuring that your devices meet (or exceed) the latest Skype for Mac system requirements.
- 1GHz Intel processor.
- Minimum: Mac OS X 10.6+
- Recommended: Mac OS X 10.9+
- 100 MB free disk space.
- Either USB or regular headset if your Mac does not have a built-in microphone.
- Download drivers if you are using an external webcam.
- For voice calls recommend broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
- For group video calling, everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac (or higher), plus webcams. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down/512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. At minimum Skype users need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down/128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
Get more info on system requirements for Skype Mac users.